You are invited to join us at St. Stephen’s Cathedral as we celebrate Holy Week and Easter! Check out our schedule of events and remember that everyone is welcome at St. Stephen’s — no exceptions.
The church remembers Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem and his suffering and death, with the celebration of the Liturgy of the Palms and the reading of the Passion Gospel.
- Saturday, April 13, 5:00 pm – Celtic Eucharist Service featuring Seasons Irish band.
- Sunday, April 14, 8:00 am – Spoken Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, April 14, 10:15 am – Choral Holy Eucharist with Procession
Holy Tuesday: Tea
Join the members of the Sycamore House on Tuesday evening, to share tea and make jewelry with Amani Beads, to benefit the Amani Children’s Foundation.
- Tuesday, April 16, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – At the Sycamore House
Holy Wednesday: Shadow & Verse
Based on the ancient service of Tenebrae, our new Shadow and Verse service explores the Passion of Our Lord through scripture, poetry, psalms and chant.
- Wednesday, April 17, 7:00 pm – Shadow and Verse service at the Cathedral.
Holy Eucharist, and remember that Jesus knelt to wash the feet of his friends, a divine invitation to serve others in love. Stay to pray after the service and meditate on your journey of faith.
- Thursday, April 18, 7:00 pm – Choral Holy Eucharist. Foot-washing available for those who choose to participate.
- After the service – Vigil of silent prayer and meditation.
Come to the service at mid-day on Good Friday and listen to reflections on Jesus’ generous sacrifice of himself, so we can share in his eternal life. Or join us in the evening of Good Friday for a quiet, somber service from the Book of Common Prayer.
- Friday, April 19, 12 noon – Service of reflections on Jesus’ passion.
- Friday, April 19, 7:00 pm – Prayer Book Good Friday service
The Great Vigil of Easter
Share the service of light as our Bishop Audrey Cady Scanlan presides at the Easter Vigil on Saturday evening, and remember the story of our salvation as members of our diocese are baptized and confirmed in the Episcopal Church.
- Saturday, April 20, 7:00 pm – The Great Vigil of Easter
Join the big celebration of Easter Sunday! Come see the beautiful floral arrangements, hear the beautiful music and celebrate the triumph of Our Risen Lord!
- Sunday, April 21, 7:00 am – Spoken Holy Eucharist service.
- Sunday, April 21, 9:00 am – Festive Holy Eucharist service with choir and Bishop.
- Sunday, April 21, 10:15 am – Children’s Easter Egg Hunt
- Sunday, April 21, 11:00 am – Festive Holy Eucharist service with choir and Bishop.